Creating a logo for my business

Myrddin

Well, in Harry Potter there's the Forbidden Forest, so you could maybe do something representative of that; centaur or acromatula, maybe? Or something from Frankenstein? Lightning, or the creature itself!
m
In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry and his friends went way out of bounds in order to stop the thief who was trying to steal the title object. Maybe there's something symbolic of that. Maybe a troll, or flying key, possibly a potions vial, or chess piece; king would be my recommendation. Or queen, rook, or bishop.

Caburus

A flaming sword was used to keep people out of Eden after Adam & Eve were expelled.
A pitchfork might be an easy logo - represents the devil, but also a normal fork used to eat cake. Maybe a fork with horns?

mulak

I'm not a big fan of harry potter.. no offends to the harry potter fans :p ... Also i think it weird to put a halloween look like creature like frankenstein for a logo

flaming sword won't work for logo, too much detail with the flames ... so it would be hard to do it on packaging because more multiple colours used, mean more money for package printing purposes

Myrddin

Even outside of Harry Potter, a chess piece like the king could possibly work. Maybe.
Caburus, I like your pitch fork idea. Make it something like three or four tines, with the outside tines shaped into the horns. Colour it red, and black on the horn tips. That's all you'd need!

mulak

i will probably get sued by gordon ramsay himself since he have the exact same design for his hell kitchen show lol :p

mulak

I know 4 mythology stories with forbidden/temptation which are adam & eve, pandora's box, cupid & psyche and Orpheus & Eurydice ... do you guys know any more?

how about fables, folklore, eqyptian type of stories?

maybe something in temptation and the importance of not denying oneself the good things in life.... It's about the constant conflict in life between tradition and change. it about intolerance and the consequences of not letting other people live out their own lives and indulgences

Caburus

Are you wanting to create a logo that has an obscure meaning that only you and a few in the know understand, or are you wanting to create a logo that the general public will instantly associate with the desire/temptation message you are trying to convey?
Perhaps you could go with an Arabian Nights genie, or a Middle Eastern bellydancer?
Or a 'key' conveys the idea of something locked away, but also the means by which to obtain it.
Or a 'bow' (ribbon or rope), as something tied up but easily accessed.
Or a face with a mischievious wink.

mulak

either way work.... it all depend on the logo that can bring a decent brand power

because obscure meaning type of logo can cause curiousity to know more about it like wanting to know what in pandora's box... example of one logo is starbucks... i didn't know who is in the logo until i researched and found out that it a siren from the moby dick book along with the coffee drinker name starbuck

if there is a simple type logo that well... i have no problem considering that, just no dessert image because it can represent the products ... like a cupcake for a logo... people will think it a cupcake shop but it not... since it general pastry/dessert shop

Myrddin

What about a keyhole? Blackened, like the room or grounds beyond is dark. It could add a sense of mystery. Or, working off of Caburus's idea, a keyhole with a mischievous face peering through.