Celtic goddesses and gods

Boudica

Do you have a favorite Celtic Goddess or God? I love reading about Celtic mythology and I really can't pick just one. I really like the stories that go with each one and I have always felt a pull towards Celtic mythology. This week I would have to go with Arianrhod because I love the moon.

Chintai

I also tend to change my mind quite often on this point but I have a long lasting soft spot for Belenus. He is the Celtic God of healing, which is always attractive, don't you think?

cuzido

I am drawn to so many so it is hard for me to make a choice as far as a favorite. I agree about Belenus being attractive especially to those of us who have illnesses that we live with day to day. I am also enthralled by the moon and so Arianrhod is another attraction to me. I have always found the Green Man to be interesting as well.

Nella

I enjoy Celtic mythology and I agree with you both on the other, but my favorite is goddess Airmid. The goddess of healing and magic.

Sasquatch

I don't believe I've ever heard of any of the Celtic mythology. Those would be my picks too since I'm an EMT. I have always been fascinated by health and healing so I made it my life's work.

Blaire Calabro

My favorite Celtic god has to be Lugh. He was so helpful to Cuchulain. Perhaps for my favorite goddess, it might be the Morrigan.

Talaria

I love Scathach! The Morrigan makes me nervous haha. I was born on Lammas so I enjoy reading about Lugh. Cuchulain's story is so tragic. I think one of the most recognizeable celtic names is Fin McCool, however I think most people just associate his name with the Pubs!

Sasquatch

You know, I don't think I know any of the Celtic Mythology. I just realized that. I love to read stories about different myths of different cultures so I'm going to have to find a book at the library and read it.

LegendofJoe

I don't believe I've ever heard of any of the Celtic mythology. Those would be my picks too since I'm an EMT. I have always been fascinated by health and healing so I made it my life's work.
Diancecht is the Irish god of medicine. He was able to fashion an arm of silver for the god Nuada after he lost it in the first battle of Moytura.
There are some classic old studies of Celtic myths that give nice summations of the basic stories. My favorite is Celtic Myths and Legends by Rolleston.
Celtic Myth and Legend by Charles Squire is also a good place to start.

Camma

I am, as you can see, named after a Celtic Goddess. Camma is a goddess of hunting from the Breton region of France - I want to learn more about her and her stories.