Cell phone

mythlvr

I have always been afraid of getting a blue tooth device for my phone because of the urban legend of getting a tumor in my face. I have heard from people this is true but have never actually known someone with one. Have any of you heard or seen that this urban legend is true? With needing to talk hands free in the car I need to start looking at things like this and getting over my fears.

Myrddin

I have not heard of this, nor do I have any idea whether it is true or not. I would guess not.

magickz

This is a new one to me but I would never use one myself only because I do not like the idea of things in my ears. People get upset with me at the gym when I have my cell phone turned on (low) to the local radio station since I refuse to wear ear buds.

mythlvr

Thanks for the responses. Even thought I still don't know if it is true (and likely to be false) I will still stay on the cautious side and not get one.

Katie

I haven't heard the one specific to the bluetooth but I have heard stuff about the radiation from cellphones in general and when you answer you should keep it a bit away from your brain because it will damage it or something like that. It's obviously something parents feed their teenage children so that they would stop talking on the phone too much :p

Travis

I have never heard of this urban legend, but I don't think it's true. But I am glad that I don't use my cellphone very often though I always bring it with me.

Myrddin

I think it's always a good idea to have a cell phone just in case someone needs to reach you. That way they can!

Myrddin

Here I am talking about how important it is to have a cell phone with you, and I left mine upstairs where I will in no way be able to hear it. I guess what I mean is, in theory they can reach you. When put into practice, obviously very different. :D

mythlvr

It is interesting that no one has really heard of this before. I have a doctor's appointment next week and am going to ask my doctor. It will be interesting to see if he has heard of it or gives any credence to what I have heard.