Celebrity deaths

Allie-Gator

Have you guys been getting the emails that are saying certain celebrities are dead? I got one that said George Clooney had died from a fall in New Zealand while on a movie set. It even updates the date every day so it looks like a legit story. It's not true of course, and I've gotten other's that say the same thing about Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. They all say the same thing the same way and the actors supposedly die the same way, only the name is changed. Bull boogers! I wish people would stop circulating this stuff.

Chablis

I have never gotten an email like that before. How strange! I do get a lot of your account security has been breached emails from banks I don't have accounts with though.

Dianna

Well, in a way those e-mails are scams. Think about it, you see the email and click the link. You go to there site. They can either use cookies to track you now, or perhaps you click a link which makes them money. At the very least you make their visitor count go up.

I have never received an email like that but I have read articles on sites that are supposed to be considered legitimate, like Fox. I think I read on a news site that some celebrity had died and they even had a picture of a wrecked car. They removed it later and apologized if I remember correctly.