Can someone tell me....

Honi

Graybeard
I would say no. I think they are symbolic of great power, either good or evil depending on which culture is telling the story.

bobby_5000

Mmm.... if they dont exist then i wonder where the people get their 1st image of the dragons. i agree it does symbolise great power.

Harro

I do believe that they existed in the past.
If you look at all the different cultures in the world, they all had some kind of dragon.
Many of them are very similar, although these cultures never heard about each other in the past.

Harro

There are still witches right now.
Although I believe that most stories about witches (with magic) are mad up.
Propably some people were afraid of "that weird looking old lady near the forrest".
Don't believe in fairies though.

Also, dragons where probably closely related to dinosaurs.

htmlmaster

Sorry, but no. They don't exist. As for if they existed, that's your opinion. Sure, lots of reptiles that could fly existed, but I'd hardly call them dragons. The classical fire-breathing dragon never existed. After all, if it could breath fire, it would burn its mouth, and therefore wouldn't be able to eat.

frang

with minty fresh powers
htmlmaster;783 said:
The classical fire-breathing dragon never existed. After all, if it could breath fire, it would burn its mouth, and therefore wouldn't be able to eat.
Perhaps the fire is a metaphorical description to describe, er, I don't know, a creature with warm projectile vomit.

:eek:

Harro

Not sure if any of you believe in God or the bible.
But the bible mentions some things about "dragons".
Although most people believe it's about crocodile (which is impossible if you read carefully)

frang

with minty fresh powers
The bible refers to "tannin," a Hebrew word for serpent, or sea-monster. A great beast that lives in the sea... that could be anything. The Greeks translated the word as "dragon" but that doesn't mean it was a fire-breathing reptile.

Harro

There is also a part about a "monster" with a burning breath.
Can't give you the exact location of those verses though. Also got no idea how it's written there in english (it's not my mother tongue).