Bloody mary

Diana

When I was a kid we used chant and call Bloody Mary. We used to have to call her name 3 times in front of a mirror, or call and tell her you had her baby, We never did see her, but it was creepy enough thinking we might see her.

Myrddin

I think there are certain rules to this legend. I’ve heard that it`s supposed to be done in front of a bathroom mirror in the dark, and otherwise you will only see her if you do not actually believe that it will work. If you do believe in it, then she will not appear.

This is, of course, only superstition.

In the group of friends I had, the belief was that if you stood in front of the bathroom mirror in the dark and chanted her name three times her face would appear and if you provoked her she would scratch you. Of course we all "knew somebody" who got scratched so we believed it. Mirrors still creep me out though!

Katie

Oh my gosh I couldn't get myself to do this ever. This urban legend just scared me too much when I was younger that I had an irrational fear of mirrors at night.

Myrddin

I have tried this on occasion, but of course it has never worked. Though I don't think it was at the stroke of midnight, either. And the fact that I was actually trying it, I suppose I at least half believed it might work. So, really, I've been doing it all wrong.