Athena

Isis

I love Athena; she is one of my favorite Greek goddesses. I think I'd spend extra time worshipping her if I had lived in ancient Greece.

What do you like (or dislike) about Athena?

Caelus

Technically Athena is the one who is supposed to supplant Zeus and rule Olympus, that's why he swallowed her mother, to prevent the prophecy from occurring. Hellofa headache when Athena popped out.

Myrddin

I like the way Athene was born, popping out of Zeus' head clad in full armour. Ouch! I also like two of the three things of what she stands for -- art and wisdom.

what i dislike about her is that, although she is a wise goddess, she competes for the title of the fairest among the goddesses (the "golden apple" thing, trojan war?) well, can't blame her, i think these goddesses are all beautiful, but i also think that what she does is not that so-wise.

i like her in a way that she is a war goddess who's not promoting violence, I mean she'd rather plan strategically before fighting. a nice attitude when it comes to war.

well these are just my opinions. :)

LegendofJoe

I like the way Athena is always there to help the hero in need.
There are many stories of her lending a hand to him.
I regret however her help to Achilles when fighting against Hector.
Hector was more noble and had no one there to help him.
Athena had her jealous side just like the other gods: she never forgave the slight she
suffered at the hands of Paris.
Apollo left Hector to his "fate". A modern scholar argued with me that it was fate
that Achilles receive help and Hector would not.
My modern sensibilities thinks that's a bunch of bull.
Given this, I still feel that Athena was a step above many of the other gods.

Nadai

What I dislike about Athena is in Ovid's Arachne.
Athena was challenged by Arachne to a weaving contest. Arachne wanted to prove that her skills didn't come from the goddess so she slandered her name and told everyone that she was better than the goddess. Athena heard and grew angry. She disguised herself as an old human woman and told the girl to repent for blaspheming the goddess' name, but Arachne refused. Athena threw off her disguise and still Arachne wouldn't take back her words, but began to boast even more! The contest began. Athena weaved a tapestry of the gods in all of their vengeful glory, Arachne's tapestry depicted the gods in all of their lechery! In the end Arachne's tapestry won! Athena grew jealous and angry and so she beat the girl over the head with her own shuttle! Arachne ran away and Athena went after her and changed her into a spider so that she would be cursed to weave for eternity! Talk about sore loser;)