Are you ready yet?

Isabelle

Are you ready for Christmas and the end of 2011 yet? I really can't believe a whole year has passed already...this was a quick one. I have most of the presents bought, and the tree is up so I guess we are mostly ready for Christmas. I do have all my tax stuff for the year done (except W2's), because I am definitely ready for my tax refund and so is my pocket book!

Nope. I'm more of a last minute person. I don't even have Christmas decorations up. I am so behind this year I will never catch up. Do you think if I keep putting things off we'll get to have more days in 2011?

WinterWitch

I have two Christmas candles on the coffee table. Does that count? If I had money I would leave on November 1st every year and return on January 2nd. I find this time of year to be horribly stressful and find no enjoyment in it at all. Bah humbug...

greekgoddess31

I am so ready for Christmas! The tree is up and decorated. The presents are bought and wrapped. I am just finishing up the last of my holiday baking today and then shipping out Christmas packages. We have a family get together this weekend and a few more next week.

RLynn

I'm never ready for Christmas. I love seeing the decorations, but often I don't even bother putting them up. It's sort of fun, but the chore of taking them down is a bummer. The epicurean in me weighs the pleasure versus the overall bother, and the bother often tilts the scales. (This is the reasoning of a 73 year old curmudgeon who lives alone.) As a musician I'm out and about a great deal entertaining during the Christmas season, and I get to enjoy the elaborate decorations in churches and various other venues. That's usually good enough for me.

Myrddin

Do you think if I keep putting things off we'll get to have more days in 2011?
No, I don't, unfortunately. I really don't think it works that way.

I have two Christmas candles on the coffee table. Does that count? If I had money I would leave on November 1st every year and return on January 2nd. I find this time of year to be horribly stressful and find no enjoyment in it at all. Bah humbug...
No, it doesn't.

That would be awesome, to be able to just fly off somewhere, preferrably someplace warm, for the Christmas season. Who cares about the rest of the family, right?:eek: (Just kidding.) Back to being serious, though, I do prefer the warmth over the cold. Just my nature, I guess.