Are you a writer?

Goldie

Are you a writer? Do you write your own creative mythology? I always thought of myself as a journalistic author but I've slowly delved into more creative things, but I'm not real good at creating mythos. How about you?

Rhonda Tharp

I can write informative papers, persuasive essays, but am totally jealous of anyone that can put a story together.

RLynn

I have published technical papers in mathematical physics (during my 'publish or perish' days), but I can't do real creative writing.

Richard

Travis

Not really. I am not good in creative writing (all writing actually is creative writing, right?). In my childhood, I had a dream of being a great author and writing best seller novels though. I will leave it to Dan Brown. :)

RLynn

I also wanted to be a creative writer but discovered that I had no knack for it. Dan Brown sure knows how to spin a yarn! William Faulkner created a detailed mythology about Yoknapatawpha County in Mississippi, and milked it for many, many fine novels. And J.R.R. Tolkien, wow!

Isis

Tolkien is amazing. I'd love to be able to create an entire world.

I am a freelance writer but I don't do very much work right now; my daughter keeps me very busy.

Chintai

Sadly I don't have the kind of brain that allows me to create fantasy worlds and figures. I do enjoy creative writing but it is more modern (and often off the wall). I have the greatest admiration for people who can create novels like Harry Potter.

Bona Dea

Unfortunately no - though I do sometimes have the most amazing ideas in my dreams, that I can never quite remember on waking.

So, the 'me' in an alternative universe is obviously a creative writer.

Myrddin

I have been trying semi-actively to write creatively, but have not gotten very far. It is my dream to get something published though. So I shall keep trying.