Are druids part of celtic mythology?

Ladyhawk

This is a question I've really been trying to answer, because if Druids are associated with Celtic Mythology, why do I never hear any stories of druids in the myths? I'm no expert at Celtic mythology, but it's true. We know druids existed, but unlike other myths from other countries that incorporate priestly or spiritual people in their stories, druids are not to be found.

LegendofJoe

There are Druids in Celtic mythology.
Cathbad is featured in the Ulster cycle of stories.
He is seen as a wise adviser.
In a story concerning an invasion of Munster, a druid by the name of Mogh Ruith is able to fly up into the sky to do battle with the druids of the invading army.
These are at least two that I know of off the top of my head.

Libros

Druids don't figure too prominently in Celtic myth because those myths are largely about the origins of the races and the adventures of heroes and kings.

Druids are the keepers of law, history, and lore. They're not gods, and they're not heroes. They worked closely with the tribes to which they were attached throughout Europe as intercessors for the gods and the law. Particular druids that are mentioned by name in mythology, such as Cathbad, are attached to the court of a particularly famous king, or lived during the reign of a famous king. Most of our knowledge of druids comes from historic accounts, some by Celtic people, much by Romans. Myth is less concerned with them.