Any local treasure legends?

greekgoddess31

I have always found tales of lost treasure fascinating and movies like National Treasure have only stoked that interest. Do you have any local legends concerning lost treasure? Have you ever considered looking for it?

Arachne

Where I grew up there was a sunken ship that was still visible above the water, local stories said it was a pirate ship that probably had gold or artifacts in it. Whether there's any truth to that at all I don't know.

I have always found tales of lost treasure fascinating and movies like National Treasure have only stoked that interest. Do you have any local legends concerning lost treasure? Have you ever considered looking for it?
Ah, National Treasure is like my favorite film, along side Thor. I wish stuff like this was real *sigh*

But unfortunately not, there isnt much history behind my town as far as treasures are concerned. I did however once go on a ghost walk once, which was pretty cool, and gave history of murders and things so..

Myrddin

Ah, National Treasure is like my favorite film, along side Thor. I wish stuff like this was real *sigh*

But unfortunately not, there isnt much history behind my town as far as treasures are concerned. I did however once go on a ghost walk once, which was pretty cool, and gave history of murders and things so..
A ghost walk! That would be fun. Never have myself, but would like to try. Maybe Vancouver, if that's possible.

A ghost walk! That would be fun. Never have myself, but would like to try. Maybe Vancouver, if that's possible.
They have quite a few over here in England, like at different places. The guy who walked with us giving all the info went to a bar afterwards and wpoke with loads of people about things, but i was like 12 years old so that wasnt an option. Id do one again for sure, i never saw anything when i went though.

I also realise now that me writing about ghost walks has nothing to do with treasure, it was early in the morning when i wrote that though.