Alternate realities

greekgoddess31

I find the concept of alternate realities intriguing. Who wouldn't? The fact that one person can exist across multiple dimensions and "realities" and each is a different but equally real version. What do you think of this theory?

It's fun to think about. I like to think that in my alternate realities I'm doing all the things I can't be doing now. It's a little comforting to think, even if it's not true.

Myrddin

I think it's definitely a possibility, and could explain deja vu. You know, something you are currently doing in another reality at precisely the same time you do that same thing in this reality. And the mimickry causes the feeling of deja vu.

Nadai

Myrddin-that's a really interesting perspective! I'd never thought of that, but wouldn't it be something!
I wonder about parallel universes-everything is supposed to be opposite, yes? I always wondered about those; somewhere in another universe, there is a me living in a place where up is down and bad is good. It's fun to think about.

RLynn

I believe! :) I believe in parallel universes as a plausible model of reality. It helps explain some things in modern physics.

Myrddin

Myrddin-that's a really interesting perspective! I'd never thought of that, but wouldn't it be something!
I wonder about parallel universes-everything is supposed to be opposite, yes? I always wondered about those; somewhere in another universe, there is a me living in a place where up is down and bad is good. It's fun to think about.
"Up is down. Well that's just maddeningly unhelpful."

greekgoddess31

Myrrdin, that is a something to think about. I had never really thought about Deja Vu from that perspective before, but I suffer from it all the time. I will be in the middle of conversations and know that I had already had the exact one before or be doing something I know that I have already done.

Nadai

Myrrdin, that is a something to think about. I had never really thought about Deja Vu from that perspective before, but I suffer from it all the time. I will be in the middle of conversations and know that I had already had the exact one before or be doing something I know that I have already done.
I've notived myself doing that a great deal as well-in the middle of a conversation and I feel that I've said this same thing before-only, at that point I realize that I'm just repeating myself:rolleyes: Mommy-brain at work I suppose. That, or I'm just getting old:confused:

I do repeat myself, but I'm just getting senile. :) It sounds like an interesting premise and would be very, very frustrating if you thought about it enough. Fortunately, deep thought just isn't my forte'.