9/11

jason

empty
9/11

So today marks 5 years since the tragidities of 9/11. A lot of new channels are covering it. How do you feel about all the antention? Did the day change your lives?

LilOne1989

I can remember I turned my television on, it was just before the second plane hit (I think I was really in shock so it could have been a looped tape not sure). It was like everything just slowed down so quickly then they fell. I don't remember moving much after that I was just so stunned and shocked. I'm not watching much television today cause I'm still too emotional. Has it changed me? Hell yes! Even now just typing about it I'm starting to cry.

vicki2

I talked with one of my best friends today ...she's in L.A. and I'm in Connecticut. She was booked on Flight 93 that morning, and a commuter plane connection from Hartford to Boston was overbooked and she got stuck in Hartford. She phoned me from the airport where there was no t.v. coverage and asked me what was happening. At that point, the Towers were on fire. She rented a car, drove an hour to me, and stayed two weeks before going home to L.A. Today, we talked about how she still has her Flight 93 ticket. I don't forget that day.

LilOne1989

Wow it is amazing how something that on any other day would have been totally infuriating became a total lifesaver. I'm sure that her life is much more fuller today that she is living knowing what might have been. Sounds like yours is too.

Maggielle

My son was born 9/7/01. I may have lived in Cleveland, OH, but my husband who was then a PI was eveacuated from the federal building. There were stories buzzing all from the FBI that he was working with abou trucks of explosives stopped in cleveland and the plane that crashed in PA was overhead. By the end of the week I had Post TRaumatic Stress disorder coupled with post partum depression. I didn't leave the house for 3 months. And I really don't believe that Bush vindicated the deaths that Bin Laden brought to our doorstep. I feel that he is a traitor to his country and should be shot on sight.
In the same thread I would like to know if anyone has had a superstition that has grown from the disasters that day.

LilOne1989

I'm sorry that you have had such a hard time but I do think that Bush started out the right way (rare to hear since I'm very anti-Bush) after 9/11, but once he got a little bit of power he got out of hand and lost sight of what he was supposed to do. He is out of control in the way he is running the country and the best we can do is hope that after this election in November that he will be a lame duck president and we can start to heal, finally.