1001 ways to die

jason

empty
Have you seen the show on Spike TV? Do you think it is real how these people die or is it just an urban legend?

Isabelle

I think some of them are probably real out of 1001 how could a few of them not be?!? All of them are probbaly not thought there are probably a few urban legends in the mix too.

i belive that the show...takes real accounts of death from humans...they have proof on how they died and medical evidence on how each death took place...and most of it is because as humans are stupid and dont know how to get rid of the weak and powerless anymore!!!! lol j/k :)

Dragonsbreath

People do some seriously stupid things. There are ways to die that we have never thought of. Did you know you can die if you drink too much water? It's a lot per day but it has happened before.

Talaria

Actually some poor soul died from excessive water consumption a few years back on a local radio show here. She was in a contest for her daughter to win tickets to a concert and they had to drink as much water as they could without going to the bathroom, needless to say she drank way too much and ended up passing away. sad. You can also die from eating 2 whole nutmegs! You hallucinate to the max and then well its a sure thing after that. crazy isn't it?

Chimeranick

A lot of the deaths on that show are simply natural selection at work. Weeding out the weak and stupid. Every once in a while though, a perfectly innocent person dies an unusual, unexpected death like Talaria's water woman. Ours is a strange, strange world.

Nadai

I love that show! Especially the death by orgasm episode. A woman had an orgasmm while astride her boyfriend's motorcycle and when she started to jerk she threw herself off and died.

Chintai

It's certainly bizarre viewing sometimes! How about the fire-eater who belched and set himself alight? I think freak accidents are always going to be a risk of daily living, but in some circumstances people contribute to them to some degree.

DLegend

I've never watched the show but I'm curios about it. I'm now wondering what kind of death will I have. I would assume that some of the deaths in that show might just be urban legends.

Do you think they will reach 1001 ways? I've checked the site and they are only on season 4.

Boudica

I like this show in that it is unique and interesting, although it is kind of gruesome if you think about it. It also tends to make me kind of paranoid lol!

Vince

Lilith_morningstar is partly right about the show taking real accounts of human deaths. I was curious about this in the past, so I looked around online. Apparently, some of the deaths are based on factual events, while others are based on urban legends. That takes away a little of the excitement I guess, but I still like the show, it's crazy and entertaining.

Myrddin

Well, the blog site is certainly interesting, though I have never seen the show. I don' get Spike. :( I'm sure some of those mentioned are urban legends, though definitely the one with the kids dropping objects from a great height is plausible. I think I would prefer to die in my sleep.

I suffer from an addiction to 1001 Ways to Die and I've concluded that some are certainly true and some are loosely based on real events. I think they draw out certain bizarre elements to make the deaths more interesting. Some of the deaths on the show I had always believed to be just urban legends!

whats ever weirder than all this is that our bodies are a wonderfull thing, have u hurd bout people jumping out a one story window...one dies and the other two are just fine, she died because she landed wrong but yet the others landed just like her???? Our bodies can go throuh some pretty grousome and horrible stuff and still survive while others just die......

Myrddin

whats ever weirder than all this is that our bodies are a wonderfull thing, have u hurd bout people jumping out a one story window...one dies and the other two are just fine, she died because she landed wrong but yet the others landed just like her???? Our bodies can go throuh some pretty grousome and horrible stuff and still survive while others just die......
Well, you can die from shock. If the two who survived knew what was coming, and the one who died did not, than the shock would factor into that. Plus some people react differently to shock.

Arachne

I remember reading about a man who had a fish jump in his mouth while he was laughing - it choked him to death.